Current Inspiration






Here are some photos of some printed things that I am finding really inspiring currently. Firstly I managed to borrow a copy of the amazing Chris Ware's Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth. I have a lot left to read yet but it promises to be an amazing graphic novel with some very unusual panel styles and compositional decisions. Then there is Owen Davey's awesome zine about a cowboy which is just visually stunning. I have also finally got my hands on a copy of The Ride journal. This is a journal all about bikes and cycling culture and nearly every article has a beautiful accompanying Illustration. Some amazing photographs to be found in this hefty magazine as well. Finally, my latest discovery and now possible favourite comics artist - Gipi! Have still to read this graphic novel (Notes for a War Story) properly yet but the artwork is very inspiring.




1 comment:

  1. Inspiring indeed! like this stuff...keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete